Pages

Friday, September 12, 2008

Is it the weather?

I like to blame things on the weather, it seems. Maybe because of where I live, and the fact that the weather dictates much of my life out here On The Rock.

Remember back when we were kids, and there was The Cold War going on, and everybody used to say the Russians were trying to control the weather? (or was that a Boston thing?)
Funny.

So, weather-related or not, people are in a weird mood lately. Almost everybody I talk to has an issue going on with a kid, a family member, a neighbor. Some of it is sickness, some of it just plain antagonism.

Is it subconscious 9-11 stuff?
We all seem ...uncomfortable. Things like minor medical issues that should merit a small amount of concern are blown into full-out emergencies. A minor faux-paus at a social occasion is taken for a full-out affront. 
I have noticed that people are snipping at each other a bit more publicly than I've seen before. It may seem odd to some, but I think this is a good thing. I don't mean to encourage hand-to-hand combat, but it's good for everybody to speak their mind, and communicate, to achieve compromise.
It doesn't always work this way, I know. I believe in fairies and witches, too.

I don't know.
I think it's time for a party, with lots of chocolate.

Even my socks are not cooperating. I know in my heart that it's the 2-at-a-time on Magic Loop that is slowing down progress, but jeez, I've been plucking away at these babies every chance I get, and this is as big as they've grown!

100_5981
The next time I mention 2x2 rib and socks in the same sentence, throw a bucket of water over my head, will ya?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment