Pages

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Ahhh, success

It is done.

I've never been happier to complete a project.
And I've never been unhappier with a project I've done!
This should have been an easy fast knit. I think I set myself up for failure by messing with the neck when I re-sized this sweater. Then I had issues with the leftover yarn, then my jogless joins...oh, I thought it would never end.
So, while I'm not really satisfied with my work, I am soooo glad to see this one off my needles!


100_4377

100_4378
Whew!

So, on to other things...
like, socks...


100_4386
I'm going to call these Hot Socks, because the color is like hot sunshine. 
Bring on Spring, already!

     This is Southwest Trading Company's Tofutsies.  It has soysilk, cotton, and chitin (which it says "is fiber made from shrimp and crab shells! It's naturally antibacterial!" And anyone who knows me knows this is precisely why I bought it! Put the word 'antibacterial' on a label and it's a sure bet I'll go for it.)It's about as thick as sewing thread. For $16.99, it had better smell like roses and wear like iron.
Now, my pattern calls for a size 2 needle for fingering weight yarn, but this stuff is soooo fine, I should use a zero. I'm compromising with myself and using a one. 
The gauge is just ever so slightly off, but it should be ok.


100_4396
100_4397
     The only other sock I've ever knitted was 2x2 rib all the way. I'm giving myself a gift (well deserved, after finishing that evil version of Wicked) and doing this plain stockinette. It's going fairly fast, considering it's finer than dental floss.

No comments:

Post a Comment