Pages

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Hope Springs Eternal...

I'm not entirely sure....it looks like it might be, but well, I've been fooled before...but this kinda looks like....


100_4448

Spring?

Course this same event occurred last year, same time. Then on April 15th we got over a foot of snow, which happened to be more snow than we'd had the entire winter. Bad news for lobsters.
We do not want to see a repeat of that!

We want this:

100_4445

My kids are sooo dying to pick these for me. I'm thinking about setting up a guard post, and arming myself with a squirt gun.
Oh, and I now see that the cat has claimed this bed for her backup litter box. What's up with that!?!   (I'll spare you the visual!)

100_4446

There are supposed to be some grape hyacinths in there somewhere. I planted 300+ bulbs in this little bed a month before I got pregnant with Thing two (guess I was so tuckered out from all that planting I didn't notice what was going on. Note to self: No More Bulbs.)
He was born at the very beginning of May, and I was in such a rush to get back to the island- afraid I would miss the 'show' of all those tulips, crocuses, daffodils, and hyacinths in full bloom. I made it, and it was a great homecoming.
The bulbs are not all flowering for some reason. Mice? Squirrels? 
The snowdrops never ever came up.

But that's okay, the tulips did!

1 comment:

  1. Those are lovely! It's a miserable rainy day in Toronto. Those flowers are a cheerful sight though! Thanks for your comment on my blog... That's so cute about your dad! Hope to talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete