Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

Mystery Sock 2010

It's October 1st.

And that can only mean one thing, in my house:
   Kirsten Kapur's Mystery Sock-a-long-a-palooza!

I was aided and abetted nicely by Sundara, who saw fit to mark down some of her delicious yarn, just in time.
DSC_0194.JPG

"Fire Studies"


I know!

DSC_0322.JPG

The pattern for the cuff is up, but I can't start just yet...I'm furiously working on a birthday present for some old fart that lives nearby.

It's October, Ladies. You know what I'm going to remind you to do, don't you?

GO GET A MAMMOGRAM.
You can drink wine when you get home. It's totally allowed, and as my former patients were always instructed, totally recommended.

I remember a group of five women who all booked their mammos together, one right after another, a year in advance. They came in together, took over the waiting room being all loud and sassy (had us all in stitches), had their mammos done one at a time, and then went out for, well, what constituted a Night On The Town in Calais, Maine.
They were a hoot!
We all looked forward to their annual visit.
I can't think of a better way to have a screening done.


More talk about breastages later this week- stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment