Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Mother Nature Calls Trumps

Late last night, after all my minions were safely tucked away into their beds, I snuggled up on the couch with 864 pages of Comprehensive Panning materials that had to be read by today.

I can't tell you how exciting it was.
Fortunately, there was a fabulous movie on, so I watched while I, er, read. Skimmed. Perused.

The movie, In Her Mother's Footsteps, was awesome. Not a slasher/bloody/gory flick, but raging Alfred Hitchcock-like suspense.
While I enjoy a severed head as much as the next guy, Alfred Hitchcock knew how to make you scream without the gore. And that's pretty cool.

It ended at midnight. Another one followed.
I missed the name of the second movie, but it was lame, and the mind-numbing comprehensive Planning materials I was mired in had me nodding off...

When suddenly...

Something jolted me awake!
A flash of light. A ghost?
The tv?

A quick look at the tv proved that not to be it.
And then, an thunderous clap of...thunder.

It's a good thing I don't have bladder control issues.

But I did scream and wake up Thing Two.

p.s. I didn't make it through the comp Plan materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment