Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

Need an Intervention

I have overdosed on horror movies this week.




The entire set of Friday the 13th. I actually lost count, and can't remember if there were 9 or 10.
Prom Night.
The Hitcher.
The Hills Have Eyes. 1 and 2.
Joyride 1 and 2.
Deep Blue Sea.
The Devil's Rejects.
House of Wax.

There were actually more. I don't want to humiliate myself any further.

Thing One is a wanna-be Horror Movie Junkie, like her Mama.
She came home from school the other day, all cocky, sashaying through the door, "Oh, we watched a horror movie this afternoon. It was cool."

It was Michael Jackson's Thriller video.
Cool?  Yes.
Horror movie? No.

My boys took off for the weekend with the ATV to do a little trail riding and partridge hunting.

That left my girl and I, home alone, with full access to the remote control.
We had work to do, baking to do, candy to make, school events to attend, and had a party at our house...but once all was quiet and clean, we lit candles, shut all the lights and headed for the couch.

We watched kid-friendly horror flicks (Scary Godmother's Halloween Spooktacular, The Boy Who Cried Werewolf) Thursday and Friday night.

Saturday night, she was feeling brave.
Jason, The final Chapter  (you promise??) was just starting. Regular tv. No nakedness and the actual stabby parts were cut out. (This made me mad all week, but was the only reason I agreed to her request.)

She asked if she could watch. I told her it was up to her, and we could change it if it was too scary.
I value the little sleep I get, and there is NO ROOM in our bed for visitors.
The kid was twitching during the credits. She made it 5 minutes, which was 2 murders.

She is not ready.

And so I continue to watch alone. It's scarier that way.


p.s. Best movie of the week: The Hitcher. This is actually a remake, with Sophia Bush. The original starred Rutger Hauer, who is scary all by himself. It. Was. Awesome.

p.p.s. Worst movie: House of Wax. Painful. Paris Hilton should thank her lucky stars her family has money, and is willing to give her any.

p.p.p.s. Most traumatizing: The Hills Have Eyes (1). I am still not able to watch the whole thing. This was my third attempt. It's starting to get embarrassing.

Also, 'Friday the 13th' movie-makers? Please find something else to do. That's done. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment