Pages

Thursday, October 15, 2009

My Cormorant Buddy

I'm not much of a 'bird' person, but I was avoiding an unpleasant task, and saw this dude perched on a spiling. When I walked closer, he didn't move. I got a bit closer. He stayed.

He's a Cormorant. A Shag, as they're known around here.
(DownEast, they call them Shitpokes. And only they could tell you why.)

I stared at him. I don't think I've ever been this close before.
He watched me, watching him.
And played up to the camera, just like my kids do.


(This particular Shag has a British accent. I don't know why. He just does.)
(And it's not one of those Aristocratic British Accents, it's a cockney British accent. I don't much go for the whole haughty crowd. I like 'em Real. I wouldn't have played with this dude if he sounded snooty.
Just how I roll...)
DSC_0052.JPG

Wall, 'Ello, luv.
Taikin' pictures, are ya?

DSC_0056.JPG

'Ere...get me good side.


DSC_0057.JPG
Blimey, may'se well get me bad side, too, then.

DSC_0063.JPG

And the High Lord Rochester pose, luv.
Must've that one, as well.

Thanks for playing Mr. Shag.

I think it's clear that I will do anything to stay away from re-certifying my X-ray License. Sigh.


Edited to add: I'm done re-certifing. This was from last week. It made me laugh all over again, and as a bonus, the sun was out and it looks warm, something I am missing right now!

3 comments: