Pages

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Always an Adventure

I am going off Sunday morning. One of my favorite Uncles has passed away, and I need to be with my family.


And Mother Nature hates me.

Marine Forecast:

GALE WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 8 AM EDT THIS MORNING THROUGH
SUNDAY MORNING


TODAY
SE WINDS 15 TO 25 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 KT...BECOMING S
20 TO 30 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 40 KT THIS AFTERNOON. SEAS 2 TO 4
FT...BUILDING TO 7 TO 10 FT THIS AFTERNOON. RAIN. PATCHY FOG THIS
AFTERNOON. VSBY 1 TO 3 NM...DECREASING TO 1 NM OR LESS THIS
AFTERNOON.

(ohmygod)


TONIGHT
S WINDS 25 TO 35 KT...INCREASING TO 30 TO 40 KT AFTER
MIDNIGHT. GUSTS UP TO 45 KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT...BUILDING TO 10 TO 14
FT AFTER MIDNIGHT. RAIN. PATCHY FOG. VSBY 1 NM OR LESS.

(ohsweetjesus)


SUN
W WINDS 25 TO 30 KT...DIMINISHING TO 15 TO 20 KT IN THE
AFTERNOON. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT...SUBSIDING TO 5 TO 8 FT IN THE
AFTERNOON. SHOWERS LIKELY IN THE MORNING WITH VSBY 1 TO 3 NM.

(hopefully, by afternoon they mean 'around 7am', when we must depart.)

3-5 foot seas are my max.
15 knot winds, depending on the direction, is all I can handle.

I will be heavily medicated. How many tranquilizers will it take to get me across??
Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment