Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I do NOT have a problem with lace knitting

While we braved the frigid cold to stock our freezer (and our bellehs) with some yummy salmon over February vacation, I knit Charlize.

I love this pattern, especially the ruffled, ribbed edge!


DSC_0015.JPG

Okay, I should have made her change her shirt! She was a reluctant model this day, as they were in the middle of a playdate.
DSC_0016.JPG

Unblocked, of course. But you knew that, right?

DSC_0017.JPG

Semi-solid Pirate Yarn, in merino/tencel. It has silver sparklies throughout.
Don't judge me. Every yarn has a purpose.
I have a 14 year old niece who will LOVE this.

DSC_0024.JPG

And because said niece is headed to GREECE soon...



DSC_0086.JPG

Yup. I bit the bullet. She's drying right now.

DSC_0090.JPG

I have no idea what I'm doing.

DSC_0086.JPG
I pinned the snot out of it, making it as symmetrical as I could. That matters, right?
I kinda figure it does.

Tomorrow, she comes out of her restraints.
I promise to dress my model appropriately for her Grand Unveiling.

By the way...taking a page from Grace's book (Grace's husband does all her blocking for her. He's a Master at it, from all the experience he's had, given Grace's prolific knitting!), I brought The Things in on the pinning action.
I figure if they learn alongside me, I can make them do it.

You know that if this turns out badly, it will very likely be that my To Be Blocked pile will remain in that state forever. So...fingers, toes, and eyes crossed for a good outcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment