Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Knitting Purgatory

Knitgatory? Oh, why not!

I have received the Rockin Sock club installment, and it is everything I had hoped for and more!
 But... I'm not sure what I want to do about it.

The dilemma:
   I have set myself a goal, or challenge, to do my next pair of socks toe-up. Not a big deal. Do-able.
The patterns included with this club shipment are both toe-up, and they are awesome.
Like, WOWSA AWESOME.

But.
They are both stranded. Stranded socks are not stretchy socks.
Also, they are sport weight. Sport weight stranded socks.
My feet immediately break out in fever and claustrophobia just thinking about it.

These awesome sock patterns...they are not for me.

But the colors!!! The colors ARE for me!!

There is the leetle caveat that I have not yet attempted a toe-up sock. There could be gasp mistakes!

As I see it, I have two options:
1. Knit either of the Fab patterns, as written, with sport weight yarn, and gift them.
harumph. (To add insult to injury, the 'theme' of the patterns is friendship. As in, knit one for you and one for a friend, and have them do the same. BFF type-stuff.)
2. Use the Fab yarn, and a simple toe-up pattern, and selfishly keep them for moi. And risk getting struck  by lightning, pestilence and disease, dogs and cats, living together...

Sigh. I love the colors.
On the other hand,  I have a long list of recipients who would love and cherish these socks, non-stretchiness and sport weight and all.

And that means more to me than another pair of socks in a drawer.

OK, not in knitgatory any longer.

You guys always know just what to say to cheer a girl up.
And I was totally freaked at the thought of getting zapped by lightning. And the dogs and cats living together.


I don't know how long it will take me to complete a pair of toe-up, sport weight, stranded socks, but I SMELL GIVEAWAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment