Pages

Friday, August 26, 2011

Gifts from the past


DSC_0608.JPG


I am rubbing my hands together with glee at all the nice surprises I found lurking in the depths of the freezer I'm defrosting. I feel a BIG COOKING WEEK coming on! Anyone else have a renewed spark for the kitchen? Is this a sign of fall? Am I finally 'losing it' after 14 years of island living? (Statistically there is a higher incidence of mental illness in island residents. But you knew that, right?) (Also alcoholism, drug abuse, molestation, and incest. But IT'S SO PRETTY!)

Speaking of island living...where do you store your frozen food while defrosting your freezer? Much like the 'Christmas Tree In A Bait Bucket' trick The Big Guy came up with, he's turned me on to 'Store The Contents Of Your Freezer While It's Defrosting In A Bait Tank That Has Been Bleached To Infinity'.

I have to say, it works like a charm.

DSC_0609.JPG
The dirt on the outside is from the kids dragging it across the yard. I swear, the inside is immaculate.
Also, My Mother is rolling in her grave right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment