Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Fog Is Lifting

This is me today:



“Alright. It’s cool. I am in control of my brain again. This can work.”

It's been a long and tumultuous week out here on the Island of Misfit Toys. So intense, that I thought it was just a weekend that I'd lost , but as it turns out...it was a whole week.

All's well that ends well, however.
Just another week of my life that I can't get back again. Another week that my kids spent in the corners of the house while I orchestrated and planned and organized with a telephone stuck in my ear or a computer on my lap. 
Shhhh, kids! Mommy's on the phone with somebody Very Important. Don't interrupt. Be very quiet! No, It's not Oprah this time!

Just another day at the office. Oh, a week. Oh, and I don't get paid for any of it.

I know it's futile to make demands, but Heaven? The spot I have reserved  better come with one Mother of a supply of chocolate and wine, and there better be some massaging action in that there chair. Got that?

It's 11am on Tuesday morning. I've yet to start cooking for the Thanksgiving Feast.
But the excitement is building to epic proportions. There will be turkey! With gravy! And stuffing! A cornucopia of vegetables! And Oh My Goodness, Pies marching in a line across the table!

Yeah, Baby! It's Thanksgiving.
And we've got a lot to be thankful for this year.

I just ordered my birthday prezzie. The Big Guy will not recognize the importance of these words...but all you knitters out there will: Signature Arts Stilettos.
I know!!!!
Shhhh. He loves me. Let's not jeopardize that by telling him what those are, 'kay?



No comments:

Post a Comment