Pages

Friday, February 10, 2012

Triple Dog Dare ya!

I posted a little bit ago to Facebook:

Well, Frenchboro, the mail has arrived and is sorted! The window will still be open regular time (11-2) as per our contract. It's beautiful out today- take a walk up and get your mail!


I've been 'dared' to tell The Rest Of The Story:
I got the unexpected call that mail was here while I was in the middle of my morning 'day off' routine- you know, coffee, making beds, more coffee, check email, more coffee, dust and vacuum.
With no time to shower, and not wanting to put on clean clothes without one (thereby destroying any HOPE for a shower today), I threw on a big winter coat OVER MY NIGHTGOWN. I added a pair of yoga pants WHEN I REALIZED THE HUSBAND HAD THE TRUCK. Yup, I drove to the town dock, made 3 trips up the ramp to carry all the mail and UPS packages , tied them onto the 4 wheeler, and then sorted the mail... in my nightgown and slippers. On a 4 wheeler because husband has the truck. YOU ALL WISH YOU WERE ME.

Best part: I got to meet the new manager of the Swan's Island Electric Co-op for the first time, while I was in the PO. He watched me pull up on the 4 wheeler, disembark gracefully(NOT), and sweat bullets because I didn't have the nerve to unzip the coat to expose my attire. There were 4 guys staring at me. My nightgown was hanging below my knees.
I'm 45. I can still turn heads.

And I still don't walk away from a dare.

No comments:

Post a Comment